America's Freedom Festival records
America's Freedom Festival records
Dates: 1940-2014, 1990-2001
The bulk of the material was created by America's Freedom Festival in the process of producing its annual events. Includes meeting minutes, correspondence, notes, forms, various lists and documents with regards to specific events, music, videos, accounting reports, essay entries, publications, and promotional material. Also includes items about the Freedom Festival, especially newspaper articles. There are also items included that were collected by the Freedom Festival such as materials from festival and event conferences, articles on how to put on festivals, and vendor information and promotions. The collection spans 1940-2014; the bulk of the collection is from 1990-2001.
- Extent: 12 cartons (12 linear ft.). -- 2 oversize boxes (1.25 linear ft.)
- Creator: America's Freedom Festival (Provo, Utah)
- Call Number: MSS 5999
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Donor restricted until 2035. Permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services for permission to access the collection.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from America's Freedom Festival records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 5999; America's Freedom Festival records; 20th and 21st Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 5999, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by America's Freedom Festival in 2007. Donated by Bethel Black in September 2015.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; America's Freedom Festival; 2007. Donated; Bethel Black; September 2015.
- Subject Terms
- Social Life and Customs; City and Town Life; Fourth of July celebrations--Utah--History; Parades--Utah--Provo; Audio-visual materials; Files (Records); America's Freedom Festival (Provo, Utah); America's Freedom Festival (Provo, Utah)--Archives
- Genre / Form
- Business records
- Processing Information
- Processed; Cynthia Ann Smith; December 2008. Processed; Eric Wolford; February 2016.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- America's Freedom Festival records
- Finding Aid Author
- Cynthia Ann Smith
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-04-01 16:54:33 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
America's Freedom Festival (1983- ) is a private, non-profit, non-political foundation whose mission is to celebrate, teach, honor, and strengthen the traditional American values of family, freedom, God, and country.
Drawing participants and spectators from across the country and around the world, the America's Freedom Festival at Provo, Utah, produces more than 25 educational programs and community events each year. They seek to provide quality events which instill a deeper sense of patriotism in the hearts of those involved. Generous sponsors, local and state governments, event chairs, and thousands of volunteers work together to organize events for men, women, and children of all ages. It is recognized as one of America’s biggest and best patriotic celebrations. The event is held anually in Provo, Utah throughout the year, but especially during the week of July 4th.
comments powered by Disqus