Dean Jagger papers
Dean Jagger papers
The collection includes correspondence, photographs, scripts, tape recorded interviews with transcriptions, publicity material and production stills relating to Mr. Jagger's show business career. While material on most films is limited to a still or a press clipping, the bulk of the collection covers the years 1934-1965 and more comprehensively documents major theater performances and the motion pictures "Brigham Young" (1940), "Western Union" (1941), and "Twelve O'Clock High" (1949). The collection also contains information on the television series "Mr. Novak".
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.). -- 5 volumes
- Creator: Jagger, Dean, 1903-1991
- Call Number: MSS 60
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 60; Dean Jagger papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 60, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS60.xml
- Subject Terms
- Actors--Biography; Correspondence; Material Types; Motion picture actors and actresses--Biography; Television programs; Theater
- Genre / Form
- Scripts (Documents)
- Brigham Young (Motion picture); Mr. Novak (Television program); Twelve o'clock high (Motion picture); Western Union (Motion picture)
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jagger (Dean) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Megan Furcini
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-24T04:04-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Actor of stage, screen, radio and television.
comments powered by Disqus