Ida Lowry Allen journal
Ida Lowry Allen journal
Collection contains one journal with daily entries for the year 1888. The journal chronicles family temple trips, extended family gatherings, church and Sunday school meetings for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Manti, Utah, as well as various other recreation, work, and church-related activities. Also contains a transcript of the original journal.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Allen, Ida Lowry, 1865-1963
- Call Number: MSS 6029
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials were left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Ida Lowry Allen journal must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6029; Ida Lowry Allen journal; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6029, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased in 2006.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; 2006.
- Subject Terms
- Allen, Ida Lowry, 1865-1963--Diaries; Home and Family; Manti (Utah)--History; Mormons--Utah--Manti; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts. Illustrates family life in Manti, Utah, during the late 1800s.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Allen (Ida Lowry) journal
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-09-09T17:55-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Ida Lowry Allen (1865-1963) was a woman living in Manti, Utah, at the turn of the century.
Ida Lowry Allen was born in Manti, Utah, on July 30, 1865. She married Dr. Samuel Allen in the Manti Utah Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1892. She died in Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1963.
comments powered by Disqus