Daniel Colvin letter
Daniel Colvin letter
Collection includes one letter written in 1839 by Daniel Colvin to Meeker W. Denny in which Colvin describes the land above Burlington, Iowa and Greene County, Illinois. He also mentions the unhealthy climate caused by rains in Illinois, which the Mormons experienced that very summer in Nauvoo.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.02 linear ft.)
- Creator: Colvin, Daniel
- Call Number: MSS 6040
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Daniel Colvin letter describing Iowa and Illinois lands must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6040; Daniel Colvin letter describing Iowa and Illinois lands; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6040, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Rick Grunder in 1987.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Rick Grunder; 1987.
- Subject Terms
- Colvin, Daniel--Correspondence; Burlington (Iowa); Greene County (Ill.); Immigration and American Expansion; Land use, Rural--Illinois--Greene County; Mormons--Emigration and immigration; Nauvoo (Ill.); Overland Journeys to the Western United States
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Meghan Mathews; 10 January 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy of 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Colvin (Daniel) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Meghan Mathews, Karen Glenn, student processors; John M. Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-03-19T12:42-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Daniel Colvin was alive circa 1839.
comments powered by Disqus