Oliver P. McCartney papers
Oliver P. McCartney papers
Dates: 1936, 1913-1923
This collection primarily contains correspondence between Oliver P. McCartney and James E. Talmage, dating from 1913-1923. It also includes a business card of Samuel O. Bennion; articles of faith cards; newspaper clippings; and photographs of Oliver P. McCartney and family, as well as a photograph of President and Mrs. Herrick from 1936.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.03 linear ft.)
- Creator: McCartney, Oliver P. (Oliver Perry), 1869-1957
- Call Number: MSS 6041
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Oliver P. McCartney papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6041; Oliver P. McCartney papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6041, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Elizabeth Leah McCartney Noakes, daughter of Oliver P. McCartney in 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Elizabeth Leah McCartney Noakes; 1991.
- Subject Terms
- Correspondence; Kansas City (Kan.); Material Types; Salt Lake City (Utah)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Melissa Cowles; 14 January 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- McCartney (Oliver P.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn and Melissa Cowles, student processors and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:06-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Oliver Perry McCartney (1869-1957) was a first lieutenant in the mdeical corps during WWI. He was a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and corresponded with James E. Talmage.
Oliver Perry McCartney, M.D., was a first lieutenant in the medical corps during the First World War. He was born September 6, 1869 in Louisville, Kentucky, to Joseph C. McCartney and Mary Frances Perry. He married a Canadian by the name of Annie B. Mason. He divorced Annie and then married Mary Florence Clarkson on September 21, 1920 in Kansas City, Kansas. He was a convert to the Mormon Church and had correspondence with James E. Talmage, at least from the years 1913-1923. He died at age 87 on January 7, 1957 in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
comments powered by Disqus