Orrin Hatch papers
Orrin Hatch papers
This collection contains correspondence and newsletters concerning Orrin Hatch, his re-election and other issues concerning his work as a senator; also a painting of Hatch's official 110th Congress photo. Dated 1982-2007.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.02 linear ft.). -- 1 oversize box (1.66 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hatch, Orrin, 1934
- Call Number: MSS 6057
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted, by request of the donor, until 2035.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Orrin Hatch papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6057; Orrin Hatch papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6057, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- This item was found in the 20th Century Workroom in 2008. The painting was donated by Orrin Hatch in 2014.
- Acquisition Information
- Found; 20the Century Workroom; 2008. Donated; Orrin Hatch; 2014.
- Subject Terms
- Politics, Government, and Law; Political Campaigns; Utah--Politics and government--20th century; Political Campaigns--Utah; Legislators--Utah--Portraits; Hatch, Orrin, 1934-
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Benjamin Sipes; 2011. Processed; Margaret Weddle; 2014.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hatch (Orrin) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-10-06 15:44:22 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Orrin Hatch (1934- ) has been a United States Senator from Utah since 1977.
Orrin Grant Hatch was born on March 22, 1934 to Jesse Hatch and Helen Frances Kamm Hatch in Pittsburgh, Pa. He married Elaine Sharon Hansen on August 28, 1957. They have six children. He earned his bachelor degree in history from BYU in 1959 and earned his J.S. from the University of Pittsburgh Law School in 1962. He then worked as an attorney in Pittsburgh and Utah until his election to the United States Senate in 1977. In the senate he serves on the Committee on Finance, Select Committee on Intelligence, the Committee on the Judiciary, and the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee.
comments powered by Disqus