Heber C. Kimball journals
Heber C. Kimball journals
Microfilm of Kimball's journal describes his missions to England and New York. Collection contains a copy of Kimball's dictated autobiography, probably written in 1843. This collection also contains microfilm of an article by Orson F. Whitney from the Deseret Evening News in June 1890, followed by printed financial reports of the family cemetery association, containing records until 1916. Kimball's dictated autobiography was seriazlied in the Utah Genealogical Historical Magazine from 1939 to 1940.
- Extent: 1 microfilm reel (0.03 linear ft.)
- Creator: Kimball, Heber C. (Heber Chase), 1801-1868
- Call Number: MSS 6142
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research; permission to cite must be obtained from the Church History Library located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Heber C. Kimball journals must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6142; Heber C. Kimball journals; 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6142, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Original journal maintained by the Latter-day Saint Church History Library.
- Acquisition Information
- Donation; Church History Library; 2008.
- Related Material
- See also On the Potter's Whell, the Diaries of Heber C. Kimball (BX 8606.1 .D541 vol.23 no.4; Harold B. Lee Library, Special Collections Department, Americana Collection; Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.)
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Diaries; Material Types; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elisabeth Bogart; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Kimball (Heber C.) journals
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisabeth Bogart
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-06T04:09-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Heber Chase Kimball (1801-1868) was ordained an apostle in the original organization of the Latter-day Saint Quorom of the Twelve. He was also called to open England for missionary work.
Heber Chase Kimball was born in Sheldon, Vermont in 1801. He joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the age of thirty in 1832. After preaching the gospel to surrounding areas around his home with Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, Kimball was ordained an apostle in the original organization of the Latter-day Saint Quorom of the Twelve in 1835. In 1837, Kimball was called to open the LDS missionary work in England. He later served as a counselor to Brigham Young. Heber Chase Kimball died in Salt Lake City, Utah shortly after the celebration of his 67th birthday in 1868.
comments powered by Disqus