Ruth May Fox scrapbook
Ruth May Fox scrapbook
A scrapbook of cards Ruth May Fox received for her 100th birthday from several stakes and wards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Fox organized her cards by color and by illlustration.
- Extent: 1 oversize box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Fox, Ruth May, 1853-1958
- Call Number: MSS 6148
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ruth May Fox scrapbook must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6148; Ruth May Fox scrapbook; 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6148, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Related Material
- The Harold B. Lee Library contains other materials written by and about Ruth May Fox.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Birthday cards; Suffrage--Utah--History
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler and John M. Murphy; 1 May 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana. This scrapbook was put together by a Utah suffragist and prominent leader of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Fox (Ruth May) scrapbook
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by H. Christine Swindler
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-04-14T10:13-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Ruth May Fox was a women's suffragist, the president of the Young Women's Mutual Improvement Association of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (1929-1937), author of Latter-day Saint hymn "Carry On" and a mother to twelve children.
comments powered by Disqus