Mildred Miles Dillman papers
Mildred Miles Dillman papers
This collection contains various papers concerning Native Americans and Latter-day Saint news. The collection contains photographs, slides, maps, postcards, and sketches of various Indians and sites; letters, a supply report, miscellaneous notes, poems, and lists; Indian Symbols sheets; articles; and newspaper clippings concerning Native Americans and Latter-day Saint news.
- Extent: 4 folders (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Dillman, Mildred Miles, 1893-1980
- Call Number: MSS 6164
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Mildred Miles Dillman papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6164; Mildred Miles Dillman papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6164, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by William K. Kelly in 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; William K. Kelly; 1991.
- Separated Material
- A letterbook dated 1880 was seperated from the collection in 1995.
- Related Material
- Related to MSS 1524.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Clubs and Societies; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Letters; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Melissa Cowles, student processor and John Murphy, curator; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007.) Provides insights into the interaction between Native Americans and the Mormon Church cultures.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dillman (Mildred Miles) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa Cowles, student processor and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-12T04:01-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Mildred Miles Dillman (1893-1980) was a teacher, author, historian, and researcher on the subject of Ute Indian history.
Mildred was born July 3, 1893. On July 1, 1916, she married Ray Eugene Dillman. Throughout her life she was a teacher, author, historian, and researcher on the topics of Ute Indian history, ethnography, and archaeology. She was called "Woman of many baskets" by the Utes because of her interest in collecting artifacts. She died in March 1980.
comments powered by Disqus