Wilfried Decoo research papers
Wilfried Decoo research papers
Personal notes and research material of French graduate student Wilfried Decoo's "A The Image of Mormonism in French Literature," an unfinished third part of his BYU Studies series. Materials include French literature articles; French newspaper articles; his notes; and other French literature.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Decoo, Wilfried, 1946
- Call Number: MSS 6165
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Wilfried Decoo research papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6165; Wilfried Decoo research papers; 20th and 21st Century Western and Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6165, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Chad Flake in 1986.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Chad Flake; 1986.
- Related Material
- Decoo's other research materials are in MSS 4093. Also related: BX 8605.1 .B76b Vol. 14 no. 2 Decoo, Wilfried. The image of Mormonism in French literature: Part I BX 8605.1 .B76b Vol. 16 no. 2 Decoo, Wilfried. The image of Mormonism in French literature: Part II. BX 8688 .D358a Decoo, Wilfried. Anthologie francaise sur les Mormons BX 8605.1 .B76b Vol.24 no.1 Decoo, Wilfried, 1946- Mormonism in a European Catholic region : a contribution to the social psychology of LDS converts.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; French literature; Language and languages--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Literature
- Processing Information
- Processed; Melissa Cowles, student processor and John Murphy, curator; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS cultural, social, and religious history (Collection development policy of 20th and 21st Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Decoo (Wilfried) research papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa Cowles, student processor and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-04-04T14:08-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Wilfried Decoo (1946-) taught at Brigham Young University as he obtained his Ph.D in comparative literature.
Wilfried Decoo was born in 1946 on the Flemish side of Belgium, in Antwerp. He obtained his B.A. from the Antwerp Jesuit University and then his M.A. from Ghent University in Romance languages. He taught both French and history for the Belgian Cooperation in Central Africa. He then taught at Brigham Young University as he obtained his Ph.D in comparative literature. In 1974 he began teaching as a professor of applied linguistics and language education at the University of Antwerp. In 1999 he began working with the French and Italian department at BYU, but still has an affiliation with Antwerp. He is a convert to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and married a woman from Antwerp. They have one daughter and live in their two homes, one in Provo and one in Antwerp.
comments powered by Disqus