Ruel A. Allred collection
Ruel A. Allred collection
Dates: circa 1969-1990
The Ruel A. Allred collection contains both materials for teacher development for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and materials about Allred's research on the teaching of spelling. The teacher development papers include filmstrips, filmstrip storyboards, letters, memos, meeting minutes, books and other papers. The teaching of spelling papers include floppy disks, textbooks, workbooks, manuals and meeting minutes. There are also several brand new McGraw-Hill textbooks.
- Extent: 9 cartons (9 linear feet). -- 3 media boxes (2 linear feet). -- 3 boxes (1.5 linear foot). -- 2 microfilm boxes (0.5 linear ft.). -- 1 oversize box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Allred, Ruel A.
- Call Number: MSS 6186
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ruel A. Allred collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6186; Ruel A. Allred collection; 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6186, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Subject Terms
- Church Educational System; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Elementary and Secondary Education; Elementary and secondary education--Textbooks; Spelling ability--Testing
- Processing Information
- Processed; H. Christine Swindler and John M. Murphy; 29 May 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana. This collection contains materials about teacher education in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and materials about the teaching of spelling from a professor at Brigham Young University.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Allred (Ruel A.) collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by H. Christine Swindler and John M. Murphy
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-08T09:00-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Ruel A. Allred was on the priesthood teacher development committee for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He also helped develop the Mirco Spell program while serving as Professor of Elementary Education at Brigham Young University specializing in reading and language arts methods. For more than 25 years, he focused on the teaching of spelling. His publications have been used extensively in the nation's schools.
comments powered by Disqus