J. H. McKnight letters
J. H. McKnight letters
This collection contains of six letters between J. H. McKnight and Senator Abe Murdock and one to J. Will Robinson, dated 1945-1946. Each letter deals with political issues to which McKnight expressed a strong opposition in hopes the Senator would do something about it. These issues include: the United Nations, involvement in World War II and the reconstruction of Europe after.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.02 linear ft.)
- Creator: McKnight, J. H. (Joseph Hempstead), d. 1903
- Call Number: MSS 6203
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open to public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the J. H. McKnight letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6203; J. H. McKnight letters; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6203, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Lola N. Smith in 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Lola N. Smith; 1991.
- Subject Terms
- McKnight, J. H. (Joseph Hempstead), d. 1903--Correspondence; Murdock, Orrice Abram, 1893-1979--Correspondence; United Nations; Civic Activism; Europe; International Relations; Politics, Government, and Law; Reconstruction (1939-1951); United States; World War, 1939-1945
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Melissa Cowles, student processor and John Murphy, curator; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007) because the letters deal with American political issues.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- McKnight (J. H.) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa Cowles, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-12T04:01-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script
comments powered by Disqus