Dora D. Flack collection
Dora D. Flack collection
The Dora D. Flack collection contains the original manuscripts of "Preserving your Past," "Dry and Save-Food and Money," and the "Wheat for Man." It also contains a bound compilation entitled "Sketches of how my books came to be" where Flack describes the process she went through to develop her books into the finished products. Also included are copies of the books in their published form as well as her books "What about Christmas?" and "The Dutson Family History."
- Extent: 1 box (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Flack, Dora D., 1919
- Call Number: MSS 6226
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Dora D. Flack collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6226; Dora D. Flack collection; 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6226, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Dora D. Flack in 1978.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Dora D. Flack; 1978.
- Related Material
- Dutson family history, 1998; BX 8670.1 .D954n 1998 vol.1 Fun with fruit preservation : leather, drying and other methods, 1980; TX 612 .F7 F58x Dry and save : a complete guide to food drying at home, 1977; TX609 .F57 Preserving your past : a painless guide to writing your autobiography and family history, 1977; CT 25 .D58 Butch Cassidy, my brother; F 595 .C362 B47 What about Christmas? A family storybook for December; BX 8688.3 .F593w Wheat for man : why and how : with recipes developed expressly for the use of stoneground whole wheat flour, 1962; TX 809 .W45 R68x
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Dutson family; Families--History; Recipes; Religion
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Katie Connors; student processor, and John Murphy; curator; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana because Dora D. Flack is Mormon and from the west.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Flack (Dora D.) collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Katie Connors, student processor; John Murphy, curator; July 2008.
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-06T04:01-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Dora D. Flack was born 9 July 1919. She married Legrand Flack on 7 January 1946 and they had six children together. She wrote books relating to cooking and family history as well as some sentimental stories.
comments powered by Disqus