Morgan Stake history
Morgan Stake history
The Morgan Stake history is a typed history that accounts from the beginning of the Morgan Stake in 1877 until 1981. The history relates the settling of Morgan, the history of the church buildings, and the biographies of the church leaders in the Morgan Stake. Also included are the biographical sketches of all the stake presidents of the Morgan Stake.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Stephens, Calvin R.
- Call Number: MSS 6232
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Morgan Stake history must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6232; Morgan Stake history; 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6232, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Laraine Whitiar in 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Laraine Whitiar; 1991.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Morgan Utah Stake--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Utah--Morgan--History; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); City and Town Life; Morgan (Utah)--History; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Local histories
- Processing Information
- Processed; Katie Connors; August 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana because the collection relates Mormon history in Morgan, Utah.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Morgan stake history
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Katie Connors, student processor; John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-03-10T10:29-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Calvin R. Stephens directed the compilation of the Morgan Stake history.
The primary creator of this collection is Calvin R. Stephens, who was at the time the first counselor in the Stake Presidency of the Morgan Utah North Stake. He directed the compilation of the Morgan Stake history. He later served as a mission president in the California San Bernardino Mission from 1992-1995.
comments powered by Disqus