Mary Salisbury Hancock papers
Mary Salisbury Hancock papers
This collection includes photocopies of Mary Salisbury Hancock's autobiography. The collection also contains photocopies of notes Hancock wrote while preparing for a publication in an RLDS (now Community of Christ) newspaper. The article, entitled "The Three Sisters of the Prophet Joseph Smith" was published in three installments in the year 1954. Hancock, a great-niece of the Latter-day Saint prophet Joseph Smith, was acquainted with all three Smith sisters during her lifetime. Collection also contains a CD with images that have been printed off.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.06 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hancock, Mary Salisbury Dean
- Call Number: MSS 6239
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mary Salisbury Hancock papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6239; Mary Salisbury Hancock papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6239, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Original maintained by Mary Dennis, niece of Mary Hancock. Copies donated by Kyle Walker in March 2008.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Kyle Walker; 2008.
- Related Material
- See also The Three Sisters of the prophet Joseph Smith (UPB_BX 8691 .A1a no.130; Harold B. Lee Library, Special Collections Department, Americana Collection; Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah).
- Subject Terms
- Hancock, Mary Salisbury Dean--Biography; Diaries; Material Types
- Genre / Form
- Notes; Photocopies
- Processing Information
- Processed; Lissa Bogart; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th century Western & Mormon Americana; pertains to the family of Joseph Smith, Jr.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hancock (Mary Salisbury) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Lissa Bogart
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:05-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mary Salisbury Hancock (1872-1964) was the daughter of Joseph Smith's sister's son. She was a follower of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Mary Salisbury Hancock (1872-1964) was the daughter of Don Carlos Salisbury, who was the son of Katharine Smith Salisbury, sister of the Latter-day Saint prophet Joseph Smith. During her life, she was acquainted with all three of the Smith sisters. She was a follower and staunch supporter of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (now known as the Community of Christ).
comments powered by Disqus