Reed M. Izatt research papers
Reed M. Izatt research papers
Dates: circa 1960-1977
This collection contains budget reports, articles, notes, NaOH titration results, charts, and other papers concerning physical chemistry topics, circa 1960-1977.
- Extent: 1 carton (1 linear ft.). -- 1 half box (0.25 linear ft.)
- Creator: Izatt, Reed McNeil, 1926
- Call Number: MSS 6245
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Reed M. Izatt research papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6245; Reed M. Izatt research papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6245, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Reed M. Izatt in 1986. Found in the stacks in 2008.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Reed M. Izatt; 1986.
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry; Chemistry, Physical and theoretical; Colleges and Universities; Education, Higher--Utah--Provo; Inorganic compounds; Metal ions--Absorption and adsorption; Science; Science, Technology, and Health
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Charts, diagrams, etc.; Notes; Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; John M. Murphy, curator, and Melissa Cowles, student processor; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana because of Izatt's professional residence in the west.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Izatt (Reed M.) research papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa Cowles, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-03-10T13:48-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Reed M. Izatt (1926-), Ph.D., was an associate professor of chemistry at Brigham Young University.
Reed M. Izatt was born 10 October 1926 to Alexander S. and Marian McNeil Izatt in Logan, Utah. He served in the U.S. Army from 1945-1946. He served a mission for the LDS church to Scotland from 1947-1949. He married Helen Marie Felix; they had five children together. He received his B.S. degree from Utah State University in 1951, his Ph.D. from Pennsylvania State University in 1954, and continued with post doctoral work at Carnegie-Mellon University until 1956. He was an assistant professor at Brigham Young University from 1956-1960 and then an associate professor of chemistry starting in 1960. He received awards such as the Governor’s Medal for Science and Technology in 1990 for his research concerning removing metal ions from water streams.
comments powered by Disqus