E. Keith Eddington papers
E. Keith Eddington papers
Dates: approximately 1940-2007
Contains correspondence, photographs, paintings, and commercial art designs from Eddington's career as a graphic designer, artist, and faculty member at the University of Utah Art Department and the Brigham Young University Design Department. Materials cover the period from the 1940s through 2007.
- Extent: 7 oversize boxes (10 linear ft.). -- 3 cartons (3 linear ft.). -- 1 oversize folder (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Eddington, E. Keith (Elmo Keith), 1923-2007
- Call Number: MSS 6253
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Materials were left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the E. Keith Eddington papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6253; E. Keith Eddington papers; Arts & Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6253, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials passed to son, Donald K. Eddington, who donated them to Brigham Young University.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Donald K. Eddington; 2008.
- Related Material
- See also the E. Keith Eddington papers (UU_Accn1045; Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah).
- Subject Terms
- Eddington, E. Keith (Elmo Keith), 1923-2007--Archives; Art teachers--Utah; Artists--Utah; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Fine Arts
- Genre / Form
- Artists' materials; Letters; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; John N. Gillespie; 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Eddington (E. Keith) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by John N. Gillespie
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-05-18T04:25-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
E. Keith Eddington (1923-2007) was a noted Utah portraitist and graphic designer.
Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Elmo Keith Eddington was raised in Lehi, Utah, and served in both the European and Pacific theaters of operation during World War II. After the war he pursued professional training in art at the University of Utah and the Chicago Academy of Fine Art, where he studied under Avard Fairbanks and Arnold Friberg, among others.
From 1952 through 1969 he taught illustration, graphic design, figure drawing, and painting at the University of Utah. In the 1980s he was a professor of design at Brigham Young University. Eddington was also co-owner and art director of the public relations firm of Circuit and Eddington and later ran his own design office, Keith Eddington & Associates.
comments powered by Disqus