Loren C. Bryner papers
Loren C. Bryner papers
The Loren C. Bryner papers include documents relating to Bryner's personal and professional life. Loren C. Bryner was the department chair of Chemistry at BYU and an acclaimed Chemist. Included are a few photographs, newspaper clippings, correspondence and papers related to Loren C. Bryner. The majority of the items are related to Loren C. Bryner's professional chemistry life. A lot of the Chemical research included is related to agricultural and mining issues. A great deal of the papers pertain to the Chemistry Department of Brigham Young University from 1935 until 1970.
- Extent: 3 cartons (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Bryner, Loren C., 1904-1986
- Call Number: MSS 6264
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Loren C. Bryner papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6264; Loren C. Bryner papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6264, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Maureen F. Bryner in 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Maureen F. Bryner; 1991.
- Related Material
- Oral history interview, Aug. 3, 1980; UA OH 62 Iron and cobalt salts as catalysts in the oxidation of sodium sulfite by free oxygen ; 378.2 B84
- Subject Terms
- Agriculture; Chemistry; Colleges and Universities; Education, Higher--Utah--Provo; Mines and mineral resources--United States; Natural resources--United States; Science; Science, Technology, and Health
- Processing Information
- Processed; Katie Connors, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana because Loren C. Bryner was a Mormon who made scientific contributions in the West for many years.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bryner (Loren C.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Katie Connors, student processor; John Murphy, curator; 2008
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-19T04:02-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script
- Biographical Info:
Loren Conrad Bryner (1904-1986), Ph.D, was the chairman of the Chemistry department at BYU.
Loren Conrad Bryner was born 2 January 1904 in Price, Utah. He married Maurine Fillmore 10 September 1930. He obtained his Ph.D. from Iowa State University in 1934. He joined the Chemistry faculty at BYU in 1935 and was a professor there for forty years. He served as chairman of the Chemistry department. He was a member of the Provo Junior Chamber of Commerece, Cougar Club, and the BYU Athletic Council, as well as an officer in the BYU Credit Union. He is listed in the "Who's Who in Chemistry" and "American Men of Science." He was a bishop for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as well as a High Priest. He passed away 19 February 1986.
comments powered by Disqus