Ernest C. Rossiter papers
Ernest C. Rossiter papers
The Ernest C. Rossiter papers consists of seven stories by Rossiter regarding his missions. He accounts for his experiences being mission president during wars, experiences with members and apostasy, making friends, being lost at sea and his Dengue Fever outbreak. He accounts many faith-promoting experiences he had as a mission president.
- Extent: 1 folder (.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Rossiter, Ernest C.
- Call Number: MSS 6270
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ernest C. Rossiter papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6270; Ernest C. Rossiter papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6270, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Heather Ann Rossiter Rowley in 1990.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Heather Ann Rossiter Rowley; 1990.
- Related Material
- Te Buka a Moromona : te mau parau i papaihia i te rima a Moromona : te hoe mau uiraa e te pahonoraa i nia i taua Buka a Mormona ra by Rossiter, Ernest C. (Ernest Crabtree), b. 1882.; BX 8608 .A1 no.1408a. A new grammar of the Tahitian dialect of the Polynesian language : together with brief reading exercises by Rossiter, Ernest C. (Ernest Crabtree), b. 1882.; 499.4 R731n 1919. Le sabbath du seigneur: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. French Mission by Rossiter, Ernest C. (Ernest Crabtree); BX 8656.1 .A1 no.129.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries; Tahiti (French Polynesia : Island)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Katie Connors, student processor, and John Murphy, Curator; 2008.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th Century Western and Mormon Americana because Ernest C, Rossiter exemplifies internatioal relations as a Mormon American in other lands.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Rossiter (Ernest C.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Katie Connors, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2008
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-02-22T12:53-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Ernest Crabtree Rossiter was born 16 October 1882. He married Venus Robinson 28 June 1911. He seved as mission president of the French Polynesisan Mission and twice as president of the Tahitian mission. He was president of the Tahiti Mission from 1915-1919. He was called again to be president of that same mission from 1941-1944. He passed away 8 July 1965.
comments powered by Disqus