S. Kent Brown papers
S. Kent Brown papers
Contains files documenting Brown's writings and research while at Brigham Young University. Materials include correspondence related to the Journal of Book of Mormon Studies, files related to the Journey of Faith and the Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior projects, and his correspondence. Also included are drafts and research notes for his works on Luke and other important Christian leaders.
- Extent: 11 cartons (11 linear ft.). -- 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Brown, S. Kent
- Call Number: MSS 6287
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in seven series: 1. S. Kent Brown papers on Journal of Book of Mormon Studies, 2001-2007. 2. S. Kent Brown papers on Prince of Egypt, 1998-1999. 3. S. Kent Brown papers on Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior, 2000. 4. S. Kent Brown papers on Oman and Yemen-Jordan, 1999-2005. 5. S. Kent Brown correspondence, 1982-1992. 6. S. Kent Brown papers on Luke, 1987-2012. 7. S. Kent Brown research, 1971-2011.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from S. Kent Brown papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6287; S. Kent Brown papers; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6287, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by S. Kent Brown in September 2008.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; S. Kent Brown; September 2008.
- Subject Terms
- Education; Colleges and Universities; Education, Higher--Utah--Provo; Research; Brown, S. Kent; Brigham Young University--Faculty
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Research (Document genres)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth West; September 2008. Processed; Sadie Hutchinson; 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003). The Brigham Young University Archives is the repository for the non-current records of Brigham Young University.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Brown (S. Kent) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Elizabeth West
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-12-02 13:06:58 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
S. Kent Brown (b. 1940) was a professor of ancient scripture at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.
S. Kent Brown was born on October 1, 1940. Brown received a Bachelors degree from the University of California, Berkeley in 1967 in Classical Greek and minored in Near Eastern languages. In 1972, he received his Ph.D. from Brown University in Religious Studies with an emphasis in New Testament and early Christian studies. From 1993 to 1996, he served as the director of the BYU Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies and at one point he served as the director of Ancient Studies at BYU. He retired from BYU in 2006. Brown married Gayle Oblad and together they had five children.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 6287
S. Kent Brown papers on Journal of Book of Mormon studies
S. Kent Brown papers on Prince of Egypt
Dates: 1998-1999----1998 May-December
S. Kent Brown papers on Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior
S. Kent Brown papers on Oman and Yemen-Jordan
S. Kent Brown correspondence
S. Kent Brown papers on Luke
S. Kent Brown research
Help with this Collection
University Archivist - University Archives