R. Don Oscarson papers
R. Don Oscarson papers
Dates: approximately 1954-2004
Collection contains music scores, and audio and video recordings relating to the musical pageants City of Joseph, Sand in Their Shoes, Christopher, Six Sent South, and My San Diego.
- Extent: 3 film boxes (0.7 linear ft.). -- 2 oversize boxes (2 linear ft.). -- 6 cartons (6 linear ft.)
- Creator: Oscarson, R. Don
- Call Number: MSS 6292
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Organized into five series: 1. City of Joseph, approximately 1969-2008. 2. Sand in Their Shoes, approximately 1956-2008. 3. Christopher, approximately 1991-1998. 4. Six Sent South, 1957. 5. My San Diego, approximately 1977.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the R. Don Oscarson papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6292; R. Don Oscarson papers; Arts & Communications Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6292, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by the creator, R. Don Oscarson, in 2008 and 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; R. Don Oscarson; August 11, 2008 and March 23, 2009.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Anniversaries, etc.; Religion; Mormon Church--Anniversaries, etc.; Musicals; Pageants; Performing Arts
- Genre / Form
- Audio-visual materials; Scores; Scripts (Documents); Sound recordings
- Processing Information
- Processed; John N. Gillespie; 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Oscarson (R. Don) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by John N. Gillespie
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-19T04:23-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
R. Don Oscarson (born 1932) is an American businessman, author, lyricist, and producer.
Robert Don Oscarson, born February 29, 1932, is a retired vice-president of marketing for several major department store chains now living in Scottsdale, Arizona. He was educated at Brigham Young University, graduating with a degree in Liberal Arts in 1954. He has written the book and lyrics for a number of historical pageants, including Sand in their Shoes, City of Joseph, My San Diego, and Christopher.
Through the years he has had a career as an Air Force intelligence officer and has served on many cultural arts boards all over the United States.
Oscarson has also served as associate or executive producer for historical pageants, television productions and music CDs, as well as contributing the creative concept to many other similar projects. He has also been involved in the production of short films, television and off-Broadway productions and other projects.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 6292
R. Don Oscarson papers on City of Joseph
Dates: approximately 1969-2008
R. Don Oscarson papers on Sand in Their Shoes
Dates: approximately 1956-2008
R. Don Oscarson papers on Christopher
Dates: approximately 1991-1998
R. Don Oscarson papers on Six Sent South
R. Don Oscarson papers on My San Diego
Dates: approximately 1977
Help with this Collection
Curator - Arts & Communications Archives