Maxfield Parrish research collection
Maxfield Parrish research collection
The research collection includes a variety of materials including published articles about Maxfield Parrish, copies and originals of artwork from books, correspondence between John Taylor and publishing and art companies who produced Maxfield Parrish artwork, original and copies of correspondence between Mr. Taylor and Maxfield Parrish, invoices for purchases of books containing Parrish artwork, 35mm slides of artwork from an exhibit, original photo of Parrish, a calendar and other published materials with Parrish’s artwork, and prints, photographs, stock art, and original periodical pieces. Materials were gathered over a 60 year period, and include materials from 1942 through 2007.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.). -- 6 oversize folders (1.33 linear ft.)
- Creator: Taylor, John Arthur, 1928
- Call Number: MSS 6701
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Arts & Communications Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Maxfield Parrish research collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6701; Maxfield Parrish research collection; Arts and Communications; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6701, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Collection was donated by the creator in 2007 from his personal collection.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; John Arthur Taylor; 2007.
- Separated Material
- One framed etching by Stephen Parrish was separated to be in its own collection.
- Subject Terms
- Parrish, Maxfield, 1870-1966; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Decoration and ornament--Art deco; Fine Arts; Painting
- Processing Information
- Processed; Thomasina Morris; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Arts and Communications; works by and information about an American artist.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Parrish (Maxfield) research collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Thomasina Morris (student processor)
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-01-31T11:42-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
John Arthur Taylor (1928- ) is a book collector specializing in Victoriana.
John Arthur Taylor was born in 1928. He lived in Ohio in the 1960’s, 70’s and 80’s, while working for Proctor and Gamble, before moving to Utah during the 1990’s. He currently lives in Provo, Utah. Taylor is a book collector, specializing in Victoriana, including Anthony Trollope, Benjamin Disraeli, and Maxfield Parrish.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Box/folder in MSS 6701
box 1 folder 1
Maxfield Parrish letter to John Arthur Taylor
box 1 folder 2-3
John Arthur Taylor personal and business correspondence
box 1 folder 4
box 1 folder 5
Illustrations by Maxfield Parrish with corresponding poems
box 1 folder 6
Maxfield Parrish original illustrations and postcards
box 1 folder 7
35mm color slides of Maxfield Parrish artwork
box 1 folder 8
Maxfield Parrish Photos
box 2 folder 1
Maxfield Parrish stock art prints and illustrations
box 2 folder 2
Periodical illustrations by Maxfield Parrish
box 2 folder 3
Maxfield Parrish illustrated calendar
box 2 folder 4
Jell-O advertisement print by Maxfield Parrish
box 2 folder 5
box 2 folder 6
Help with this Collection
Curator - Arts & Communications Archives