Harper Lee letter
Harper Lee letter
Dates: 1978 June 11
Harper Lee letter, 1978. One (1) signed holograph letter from Harper Lee to “Dear Mrs. Cribb and Dear Patty” thanking them for their “hospitality” during her visit to Alexander City, Alabama. In her letter, Lee makes reference to an ongoing writing project.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lee, Harper
- Call Number: MSS 6708
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted access; permission of curator required.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Harper Lee letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6708; Harper Lee letter; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6708, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Sheralyn Belyeu in 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Sheralyn Belyeu; 2009.
- Subject Terms
- Lee, Harper--Correspondence; Authors, American--20th century--Biography; Material Types; Women--Biography
- Processing Information
- Processed; John M. Murphy; January 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Ethnic and minority history (Collection development policy for 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lee (Harper) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn, student processor and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-01-31T10:29-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Harper Lee (1926- ) is an award winning author who wrote the novel To Kill a Mockingbird which won a Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
Harper Lee was born in Monroeville, Alabama, on 28 April 1926, to Amasa Coleman Lee and Frances Cunningham Lee. Harper Lee graduated from Monroe County High School, Monroe County Alabama, and later attended Huntingdon College, the University of Alabama, and Oxford University. In 1960, her novel, To Kill a Mockingbird, was published. In 1961, one year following its initial publication, To Kill a Mockingbird received a Pulitzer Prize for fiction.
comments powered by Disqus