Human Events records
Human Events records
The Human Events records contains the files, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and financial reports of the Human Events organization. The Human Events magazine is geared toward a Conservative readership. Much of the collection pertains to the American Conservative Union. The collection dates from circa 1944-1994.
- Extent: 24 cartons (24 linear ft.)
- Creator: Human events (Magazine)
- Call Number: MSS 6733
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Human Events records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6733; Human Events records; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6733, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Thomas S. Winter in 1984.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Thomas S. Winter; 1984.
- Related Material
- Human events: National Foundation for Education in American Citizenship.; D 410 .H8. Human events; E 835 .H8.
- Subject Terms
- Political Campaigns; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Business records; Financial records; Letters
- Processing Information
- Processed; Katie Connors, student processor; John Murphy, curator; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts because of Collection Development Policy 5.1 "Utah Political History."
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Human Events records
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Katie Connors, student processor; John Murphy, curator; 2009
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-01-13T13:13-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Human Events gave birth to the post Second World War American conservative movement. It was a weekly conservative magazine which started in 1944. Human Events was President Ronald Reagan's favorite paper. It continues in its push for conservatism today.
comments powered by Disqus