Oral history with Peter Crawley
Oral history with Peter Crawley
This collection contains transcripts and audiocassette tapes that contain an oral history of book collecting in general and specifically at Brigham Young University. The interviews were conducted by Brad Westwood with Peter Crawley. They also include a discussion on Peter Crawley's personal experience collecting books. The interviews took place on February 7 and May 2, 2008.
- Extent: 3 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Crawley, Peter, 1936. -- Westwood, P. Bradford, 1957
- Call Number: MSS 6738
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 21st Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Oral history with Peter Crawley must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6738; Oral history with Peter Crawley; 20th and 21st Century Western and Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6738, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Interviews conducted by Brad Westwood with Peter Crawley during 2008.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Peter Crawley; 2008.
- Subject Terms
- Crawley, Peter, 1936---Interviews; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Colleges and Universities; Literature; Material Types; Oral Histories; Provo (Utah); Sound Recordings
- Processing Information
- Proccessed; Whitney Parry; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- 20th and 21st Century Western and Mormon Americana because it describes how the collecting of Mormon antiquities has evolved over time and what Mormon books and manuscripts are of great value.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Crawley (Peter), oral history with
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Whitney Parry, student assistant
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-01-03T09:42-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Peter Crawley is the author of A Descriptive Bibliography of the Mormon Church.
Peter Crawley was born on January 29, 1936 in Los Angeles County, California. He received a BS and PhD in mathematics from Caltech and taught at the University of Washington, University of Minnesota, University of California, Berkeley, and Caltech, before coming to BYU in 1971. He has been a serious collector of Mormon Americana for forty-five years and is the author of A Descriptive Bibliography of the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Box/folder in MSS 6738
box 1 folder 1
Peter Crawley interview transcript one
box 1 folder 2
Peter Crawley interview transcript two
box 1 folder 3
Peter Crawley interview audiocassette tapes
Help with this Collection
Curator - 21st Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts