Arvil Reid papers
Arvil Reid papers
The Arvil Reid papers includes a scrapbook including a written life history with photographs and other ephemera. Loose ephemera also comprises the collection. The collection mostly pertains to World War II, engineering, and family issues. The collection dates from 1922-2007.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Reid, Arvil S.
- Call Number: MSS 6794
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Arvil Reid papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6794; Arvil Reid papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6794, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Arvil Reid in 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Arvil Reid; 2009.
- Subject Terms
- Engineering; Families; Material Types; Scrapbooks; World War, 1939-1945
- Genre / Form
- Biography; Photographs; Printed ephemera
- Processing Information
- Processed; Katie Connors, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 2009, II.B.5.VII).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Reid (Arvil) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Katie Connors, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-12-06T13:29-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Arvil Reid was born 13 November 1922 to a coal mining family. He served in World War II in the 181st Engineer Aviation Batallion in the Pacific. He married Ida Lucile Boyd Reid on 4 November 1942. The motto of the Reid family is "Family Comes First."
comments powered by Disqus