Kenneth I. Perry papers
Kenneth I. Perry papers
The Kenneth I. Perry papers consists of Perry's professional papers from his experiences teaching French. Much of the collection deals with students' work and his own research. Personal papers are included. The collection dates from 1950-1988. He taught French Literature at the University of Illinois. He is the author of The Religious Symbolism of Audre Gede (1969).
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.). -- 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Perry, Kenneth I.
- Call Number: MSS 6803
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Kenneth I. Perry papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6803; Kenneth I. Perry papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6803, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Kenneth I. Perry in 1992.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Kenneth I. Perry; 1992.
- Related Material
- The Religious symbolism of André Gide; PQ 2613 .I2 Z6585.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; French literature; Language and Languages; Language and languages--Study and teaching--United States
- Genre / Form
- Research (Document genres)
- Processing Information
- Processed; Katie Connors and Mary Downs, student processors, and John Murphy, curator; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS scholarship and historiography (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, II.B.5.III).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Perry (Kenneth I.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Katie Connors and Mary Downs, student processors, and John Murphy, curator.
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-03-01T10:14-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Kenneth I. Perry (1929-1989), professor of French and French literature at the University of Illinois.
Kenneth I. Perry was born on March 2, 1929 to Ivan and Laurie H. Perry in Provo, Utah. He served a mission in France from 1950 to 1951. Perry received a Certificate d'Assistance at Sorbonne, Paris, France, in 1951. He received his A.B. in French at Brigham Young Unversity in 1954, his M.A. in French Language and Literature at the University of Michigan in 1959, his Ph.D. in Romance Languages and Literature at the University of Michigan in 1966. He also received his Masters of Political Science at Auburn University in 1974 and his Air War college certificate at the Air University, Maxwell AFB in 1974. Perry also studied music at the McCune School. He died on June 5, 1989 in Los Angeles, California.
comments powered by Disqus