Earl Glade oral history interview
Earl Glade oral history interview
An oral history interview with Earl Glade, conducted by Alma Heaton for the BYU Alumni Association Emeritus Club on 15 November 1984. Earl discusses his early family life as well as his father's career, his own studies at BYU followed by fourteen years working for KSL radio and for a station in Boise, Idaho. He relates how he brought forty years of broadcasting experience to BYU in 1966 when he became director of affairs of Broadcasting Affairs on the campus, as well as a teacher. He ends the interview with his discussion of retirement and grandchildren and advice to future broadcasters.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Glade, Earl J. (Earl Joseph), 1911-2001. -- Heaton, Alma
- Call Number: MSS 6808
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Oral history interview with Earl Glade must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6808; Oral history interview with Earl Glade; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6808, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by the Brigham Young University Almuni Association Emeritus Club.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Brigham Young University Almuni Association Emeritus Club.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Idaho--Boise--History; KSL (Television station : Salt Lake City, Utah); Broadcasting--Utah--Provo; Broadcasting--Utah--Salt Lake City; Material Types; Oral Histories
- Processing Information
- Processed; Karen Glenn; 27 April 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS scholarship (Collection development policy for 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Glade (Earl), oral history interview
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Karen Glenn, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-11-30T08:59-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Earl Glade (1911-2001) directed the affairs of Broadcast Services on the BYU campus.
Earl Glade was born 17 July 1911 in Provo, Utah to Earl Joseph Glade and Sarah Elizabeth Rasband. He married Alice Love Beardshall on 10 March 1934 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Earl worked for KSL radio as a news editor for fourteen years. He then moved to Boise and helped establish a new radio station before being invited to BYU in 1966 to take over broadcasting there. He taught classes as well as directed the affairs of Broadcast Services on the campus. He also served as the executive director of the Utah Broadcaster's Association. He and his wife served a mission to Florida. Earl died 14 May 2001 in Utah.
comments powered by Disqus