Raymond B. Farnsworth papers
Raymond B. Farnsworth papers
The Raymond B. Farnsworth papers contain letters, records, studies, charts, drawings, maps, personal notes written by or written to Raymond B. Farnsworth regarding the progess of co-operatives on many Native American reservations throughout the United States. It also includes the legal documents relating to these programs including proposals, management agreements, and financial records. There are also some newspaper clippings related to the projects that Farnsworth was involved with, from 1959 to 1981.
- Extent: 5 cartons (5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Farnsworth, Raymond B. (Raymond Bartlett), 1915-1987
- Call Number: MSS 6876
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Raymond B. Farnsworth papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6876; Raymond B. Farnsworth papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6876, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Raymond B. Farnsworth in 1991.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Raymond B. Farnsworth; 1991.
- Subject Terms
- Agriculture; Agriculture and Natural Resources; Indians of North America--Agriculture--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Inventories; Legal documents; Letters; Lists; Receipts (Acknowledgments); Reports
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS Scholarship and Historiography (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.III, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Farnsworth (Raymond B.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-02T04:02-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Raymond Bartlett Farnsworth was born 21 May 1915 in Enterprise, Washington, Utah, to Bartlett Canfield Farnsworth and Lillie Parthenia Holt. He received his bachelor's from Brigham Young University (BYU), master's degree in soil microbiology from Massachusetts State College, and Ph.D. in soil physics from Ohio State. He then accepted a position as a professor at BYU. While he was a professor at BYU, he worked with the Institute of American Indian Studies and Research at BYU, helping establish agriculture on many reservations throughout Northern America, including some in Canada, the United States, and Mexico. He married his wife, Maurine, 31 December 1943 in San Diego, California. Raymond died 31 October 1987 in Provo, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus