Richard P. Lindsay papers
Richard P. Lindsay papers
Collection consists of personal and business correspondences, newspaper clippings regarding his work, his personal history, clippings from talks, quotes and poems, and the speeches given by Lindsay from between 1968 and 1996.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lindsay, Richard P. (Richard Powell)
- Call Number: MSS 6908
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Richard P. Lindsay papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6908; Richard P. Lindsay papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6908, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Richard P. Lindsay in 2004.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Richard P. Lindsay; 2004.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History--Sources; Lindsay, Richard P. (Richard Powell)--Archives; Civic Activism; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Bibliographies; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Letters; Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lindsay (Richard P.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T11:07-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Richard P. Lindsay was born March 18, 1926, in Salt Lake City, Utah, to Samuel J. Lindsay and Mary Alice Powell Lindsay. He married Marian Bangeter on 17 November 1949, and together they had 6 children. From 1972 to 1977, Richard served in the Utah State House of Representatives. He later served as the first Area President of the Africa Area for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the managing director of the Church Public Communications and Special Affairs, and as a Seventy in the second quorum of the seventies from 1989 to 1994. He authored many books on strengthening families and in 2002 received the Champion of Children award for his work to keep pornography out of communities.
comments powered by Disqus