William S. and Marge Bradshaw papers
William S. and Marge Bradshaw papers
Dates: 1889-2011, bulk 1971-1974
Collection contains handbooks, pictures, and letters relating to William S. and Marge Bradshaw's mission to Hong Kong from 1971 to 1974. Also contains documents relating to Bradshaw family properties in Star Valley, Wyoming, and academic papers of William S. Bradshaw. Dated 1889-2011.
- Extent: 2 cartons (2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Bradshaw, William S. (William Seely), 1937. -- Bradshaw, Marge
- Call Number: MSS 6947
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Arranged in two series: 1. William S. and Marge Bradshaw mission papers, 1971-1974. 2. William S. Bradshaw family history papers on Star Valley, Wyoming, 1889-2011.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William S. and Marge Bradshaw papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6947; William S. and Marge Bradshaw papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6947, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Marge and Bill Bradshaw.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Marge and Bill Bradshaw; 2009.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce; Mormon missionaries--China--Hong Kong; Star Valley (Wyo. and Idaho); Bradshaw, William S. (William Seely), 1937-; Bradshaw, Marge; Bradshaw family
- Genre / Form
- Books; Printed ephemera; Articles
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bradshaw (William S. and Marge) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-09-21 09:43:33 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
William S. Bradshaw (b. 1937) is a retired microbiology professor in Utah.
William S., or Bill, Bradshaw was born in 1937 to William W. and Lucia Seely Bradshaw. He studied biology at Harvard University and received his Ph.D. in biochemistry from the University of Illinois. He has done research in the microbiology field as well as regarding analytical thinking in students. He met his wife while they were both serving as missionaries in Hong Kong. He later served as a mission president in the Hong Kong Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1971-1947. He taught Microbiology at Brigham Young University until he retired in 2008. He and his wife are former chairs of LDS Family Fellowship. They have five children.
Marge Bradshaw (b. 1935) is a Mormon missionary and advocate in Utah.
Marge (Marjorie) Bradshaw is a graduate of the University of Wyoming and is a retired elementary school teacher. She met her husband William while they were both serving as missionaries in Hong Kong, and later returned when he was called as a mission president of the Hong Kong Mission from 1971-1974. They served as chairs of the LDS Family Fellowship. Together they have five children.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 6947
William S. and Marge Bradshaw mission papers
William S. Bradshaw family history papers on Star Valley, Wyoming
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts