Georgius Y. Cannon papers
Georgius Y. Cannon papers
The Georgius Y. Cannon papers contain a letter from Georgius, some notes on memories of his mother, and information regarding the formation of the Young Women organization and its early history. There is also a photocopy of a transcript of a journal belonging to Emily Dow Partridge Young, the grandmother of Georgius. Materials were created between 1967 and 1981.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Cannon, Georgius Y., 1892-1987
- Call Number: MSS 6955
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Georgius Y. Cannon papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6955; Georgius Y. Cannon papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6955, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Georgius Y. Cannon.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Georgius Y. Cannon.
- Subject Terms
- Cannon family; Young Ladies' Mutual Improvement Association--History; Young, Emily, 1824-1899; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Youth Auxiliaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Diaries
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator.
- Appraisal Information
- LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.V, August 2007.)
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cannon (Georgius Y.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-08T09:31-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Georgius Y. Cannon (1892-1987) was an architect in Utah.
Georgius Young Cannon was born 6 March 1892 to George Quayle Cannon and Caroline Partridge Young in Salt Lake City, Utah. On 1 December 1921, he married Phyllis Rose Winder. Georgius died 29 March 1987.
comments powered by Disqus