Journal of Elihu Dazley
Journal of Elihu Dazley
Photocopied diary and photograph of Elihu Dazley, with diary entries dating from 1900 to 1908. The diary spans 358 pages and includes a brief note by Theodore J. Thaxton, Jr. Elihu Dazley writes a brief autobiographical history in the first pages of his diary. Date of diary publication is unknown.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Dazley, Elihu, 1871-1947
- Call Number: MSS 6981
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public reasearch.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Journal of Elihu Dazley must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6981; Journal of Elihu Dazley; 19th Century Western and Mormon manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6981, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Subject Terms
- Dazley, Elihu, 1871-1947--Diaries; Thaxton, Theodore J. (Theodore James), 1937-; Material Types; Mormons--England--History--Sources
- Processing Information
- Processed: Nicholas Walker, student manuscript processor; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th Century Western and Mormon manuscripts, 5.VII, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Journal of Dazley (Elihu)
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Nicholas Walker, student manuscript processor
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:07-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Elihu Dazley was born December 20, 1871, in Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire, England. His parents were Thomas Dazley and Sarah Matthews. Elihu remained in England where he met and married Maud Harriet Webb on July 1, 1896 in St. Paul's Parish Church, Middlesbrough, Yorkshire, England. Maud gave birth to twelve children, only seven of which lived to adulthood. Sometime between the birth of the tenth and eleventh children, Elihu and his family relocated from England to Salt Lake City, Utah. Maud Harriet Webb Dazley died on May 19, 1926 in Salt Lake City. On June 24, 1927 Elihu Dazley married Agnes Buchanan. Elihu Dazley died on January 29, 1947 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
comments powered by Disqus