Jay Greaves Burrup collection
Jay Greaves Burrup collection
The Jay G. Burrup collection is a combination of items that he purchased and subsequently donated including photos by Edna Geddes Eames; a Sidney Coray account book; photographs of Mt. Pleasant, Utah by Jens Gunderson; correspondence to his wife by Louis Napoleon Oakley; an Idaho State Journal special publication regarding World War II heroes; The Provonian, a yearbook from Provo High School and musical epemera from the Provo Opera House, the Springville Opera House and a BYU pep song. Each of these is treated as a separate collection at the series level.
- Extent: 1 oversize folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Burrup, Jay Greaves
- Call Number: MSS 6988
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are arranged in 7 series: 1. Louis Napoleon Oakley correspondence, 1909-1917. 2. Jens Gunderson photographs, 1903. 3. Sidney Coray account book, 1897. 4. Flora Edna Geddes photographs, 1908-1909. 5. Idaho State Journal special issue, 2001. 6. Jay Greaves Burrup collection of music items, 1931-1949. 7. Provo High School publication of The Provonian, 1920-1921.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jay Greaves Burrup collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 6988; Jay Greaves Burrup collection; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 6988, LTPSC
- Custodial History
- Donated by Jay Greaves Burrup in 2008.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jay Greaves Burrup; 2008.
- Related Material
- Related materials can be found in MSS 6037 regarding Sidney Coray.
- Subject Terms
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Music
- Genre / Form
- Account books; Advertisements; Advertising fliers; Letters; Photographs; Publications
- Processing Information
- Processed; GlendaLynn Ainsworth; June 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Burrup (Jay Greaves) collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Sarah Flinders
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-12-08T04:12-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Jay Greaves Burrup (1957- ) is an archivist and private collector in Utah.
Jay Greaves Burrup was born in 1957. He attended Brigham Young University and is now an archivist and private collector of historical and other materials. He currently resides in West Valley City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 6988
Louis Napoleon Oakley correspondence
Jens Gunderson photographs
Sidney Coray account book
Flora Edna Geddes photographs
Idaho State Journal special issue
Jay Greaves Burrup collection of music items
Provo High School publication of The Provonian
Help with this Collection
Curator - 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts