Lydia S. Clawson postcards
Lydia S. Clawson postcards
Contains postcards sent to the Clawson family, postcards sent by the Clawson family, greeting cards, and other related correspondence. Some of the postcards in the collection were left blank, while in others the sender or recipient is unidentified. The collection is divided into three separate categories. These include postcards from the Clawson family, postcards from friends of the Clawson family, and blank postcards. The postcards date from 1908 to 1918.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Clawson, Lydia S. (Lydia Spencer), 1861-1941
- Call Number: MSS 7083
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Lydia S. Clawson postcards must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7083; Lydia S. Clawson postcards; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7083, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Other Finding Aids
- More detailed finding aid available in repository upon request.
- Subject Terms
- Clawson family; Clawson, Lydia S. (Lydia Spencer), 1861-1941--Correspondence; Clawson, Rudger, 1857-1943--Correspondence; City and Town Life; Greeting cards; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Postcards
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Clawson (Lydia S.) postcards
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:07-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Lydia Spencer Clawson was born 13 November 1860 to Daniel Spencer and Mary Jane Cutcliffe. On 29 March 1883 she married Rudger Clawson as a plural wife. They had nine children. Lydia, Rudger, and their family served in Europe together when Rudger was called to serve as the mission president of the European mission in 1910. Lydia died 1 February 1941.
comments powered by Disqus