Dates: 1988, 1983
Contains pamphlets of the Utah politicians running for election in 1983 and 1988. Many of the pamphlets have handwritten notes of the winner or loser, or something about the politician.
- Extent: 3 folders
- Creator: Hatch family
- Call Number: MSS 7085 Series I
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Hatch family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Election pamphlets; MSS 7085; Hatch family papers; L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Other Finding Aids
- More detailed finding aid available in repository upon request.
- Subject Terms
- Hatch family; Political Campaigns; Political campaigns--Utah--History--Sources; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hatch family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-05-11T04:01-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
The Hatch family is descended from Utah pioneers, and includes politicians Orrin Hatch and Frances Hatch Merrill. Their parents, Jesse and Helen Hatch, raised the family in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Jesse Hatch (1904-1992) worked as a lather, and served as president for the local branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The family later moved back to Utah, where children Orrin and Frances became involved in politics. Frances Hatch Merrill (b. 1939) served in the Utah legislature, and Orrin Hatch (b. 1934) has served as the United States Senator for Utah.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series I in MSS 7085
Clippings on Orrin Hatch and Frances H. Merrill
Helen Kamm Hatch greeting cards
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts