Ernst Hoor papers
Ernst Hoor papers
Drafts of writings and research notes pertaining to modern European and Austrian history. The materials are in English, French, and German. Also included are newspaper clippings which give a record of Adolf Hitler's rise to power in Germany.
- Extent: 6 boxes (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hoor, Ernst
- Call Number: MSS 719
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection is arranged in seven (7) series: I. Ernst Hoor biographical material, undated. II. Ernst Hoor correspondence, 1939-1948. III. Ernst Hoor miscellany, undated. IV. Ernst Hoor manuscripts, undated. V. Ernst Hoor notebooks on modern European history, 1931. VI. Ernst Hoor articles for newspapers, 1933-1947. VII. Ernst Hoor material for World Congress for Leisure Time and Recreation in Hamburg, Germany, 1936.
- Conditions of Use
- Permission to publish material from the Ernst Hoor collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial Citation: MSS 719; Ernst Hoor papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 719, LTPSC.
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS719.xml
- Subject Terms
- Hitler, Adolf, 1889-1945; Austria--History--Sources; Austrians--United States--History--Sources; Europe--History--Sources; Germany--History--1918-1933--Sources; Material Types; Politicians--Austria--History--Sources; Publications
- Genre / Form
- Drafts (Documents); Notes
- Processing Information
- Processed; unknown; 1974.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hoor (Ernst) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-11-13T15:05-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Official in the Austrian government, instructor at Yale University, businessman, and a member of the Free Austria Movement. Hoor, Ernst, LL.D., Gen. Man. BP Benzinund Petroleum AG., Vienna; b. 1911, Vienna; s. of Ludwig H., Eng., dir. gen., and of n. Tichy; Educ.: High Scho., Univs. Vienna, Prague, Stockholm, Paris (studies in law, history and economics); LL.D. Univ. Vienna; Ecole des Sciences Politiques, Paris, 1937-39; CAREER: Secr. Gen., Austro-Swedish Ass., Stockholm, 1933-35; Instructor, Dep. of Internat. Relations, Yale Univ. (USA), 1941-43; research economist, Union Carbide and Carbon Corp., New York, 1943-49; senior administrator, O.E.E.C., Paris, 1949-51; Secr., Pulp-Paper Comm. Internat. Raw Materials Conference Washington, D.C., 1951-53; man. dir. of Austrian Productivity Centre, Vienna, 1953-Sept. 1960; Man. BP Benzinund Petroleum AG. , Vienna, 1960-62; Gen. Man., since August 1962; PUBL.: numerous articles, lectures and major publications on internat. affairs, internat. law, affairs, Austrian history, economics; MEMB>: co-founder of Austr. Academic Assoc. for the League of Nations and for Foreign Policy, 1929; Member of Board of Trustees (Kuratorium) Austr. Assoc. for For. Policy and Int. Relations; A. Vienna XIII, Lainzer Strasse 61,; T. 82 18 264 ( Who's Who in Austria , 5th ed., 1964, page 248.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
MSS in MSS 719
Ernst Hoor biographical material
Ernst Hoor correspondence
Ernst Hoor miscellany
Ernst Hoor manuscripts
Ernst Hoor notebooks on modern European history
Ernst Hoor articles for newspapers
Ernst Hoor material for World Congress for Leisure Time and Recreation in Hamburg, Germany
Dates: 1936 July 23-30
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts