Elisha H. Boley mission papers
Elisha H. Boley mission papers
Account of Elisha H. Boley's daily missionary service in the Eastern States Mission for the Mormon Church. He spent much of his time working in Pennsylvania. Also includes ledgers maintained by Elisha Boley and a photograph of the missionaries in the Northern States Mission from approximately 1910-1912.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.). -- 1 oversize folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Boley, Elisha H. (Elisha Henry), 1888-1960
- Call Number: MSS 723
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Condition restricted; patrons should use transcripts. Permission to use original diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Elisha H. Boley mission papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coodinating Committee.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 723; Elisha H. Boley mission papers; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 723, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Other Finding Aids
- File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS723.xml
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Pennsylvania--Diaries; Mormon missionaries--East (U.S.)--Diaries; American Fork (Utah)--History; Boley, Elisha H. (Elisha Henry), 1888-1960; Boley, Elisha H. (Elisha Henry), 1888-1960--Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--East (U.S.)--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Pennsylvania--History
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Addendum added; Trevor Tanner, student manuscript processor; October 19, 2015.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Boley (Elisha H.) mission papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-03-11 13:37:35 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Elisha Henrey Boley (1888-1960) was a Mormon missionary in the early 1900's.
Elisha Henry Boley was born December 10, 1888, in American Fork, Utah. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the Eastern States. After his return he married Edna Maud Sharp on June 26, 1918, in Salt Lake City, Utah. Boley died January 24, 1960, in Salt Lake City, Utah, and was buried in American Fork, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus