Paula O. Jones papers
Paula O. Jones papers
Collection contains letters, newspaper clippings, photographs, poetry, and other printed ephemera dated from 1901 to 1957. The collection documents the life of the Ostler family.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jones, Paula O. (Paula Ostler), 1929-1998
- Call Number: MSS 7423
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Paula O. Jones papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7423; Paula O. Jones papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7423, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Other Finding Aids
- A more detailed finding aid is available upon request at the repository.
- Subject Terms
- Ostler family; Home and Family; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Letters; Poetry, Modern--20th century; Printed ephemera
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- This collection provides information on events and family life important during the first half of the 20th century. Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jones (Paula O.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-08T09:32-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Paula O. Jones (1929-1998) was a librarian in Springville, Utah.
Jones was born Paula Diane Ostler on July 17, 1929 in Provo, Utah, to Lois Celventra Ostler and William Glendon Ostler. In 1948 she married William C. Jones, and settled in Utah Valley, Utah. She worked for many years in the Springville Public Library, eventually serving as director of the library. She was involved in the state library community, as well as in local organizations in Springville. She passed away on March 8, 1998.
comments powered by Disqus