Ruth A. Aven collection
Ruth A. Aven collection
Collection consists of newspaper clippings, a photograph, and a personal narrative, collected by Ruth Allen Aven. All the items in the collection deal with various ancestors of Aven, including her father, Samuel H. Allen, and maternal grandfather, John Lowry. The collection dates from 1887 to 1949.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Aven, Ruth A. (Ruth Allen), 1899-2000
- Call Number: MSS 7424
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ruth A. Aven collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7424; Ruth A. Aven collection; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7424, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Ruth Allen Aven in 1993.
- Acquisition Information
- Donation; Ruth Allen Aven; 1993.
- Subject Terms
- Allen family; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Mormon pioneers--Utah--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Bibliographies; Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Mary Downs; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Aven (Ruth A.) collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Mary Downs, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2013-07-08T12:08-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Ruth A. Aven (1899-2000) was a family historian in California.
Aven was born April 3, 1899 in Provo, Utah, to Samuel and Ida Allen. She married Horace Aven November 24, 1927. The couple eventually moved to California, where Ruth stayed after the death of Horace in 1973. Ruth Allen Aven died April 24, 2000.
comments powered by Disqus