Edward Herbert and Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer papers
Edward Herbert and Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer papers
Contains letters, photographs, newspaper clippings, diaries, meeting minutes, postcards, newsletters, and organizational notes. The materials document Utah Mormon life in the 20th century, including Mormon missions, army life, college life, and family life of the Boyer family. Vesta Boyer's personal diaries detail the events of their family and community. The collection also contains documents related to the work of Edward and Vesta Boyer, including work with the Utah Farm Bureau. Dated 1925 to 1997.
- Extent: 1 oversize box (0.5 linear ft.). -- 1 box (0.5 linear ft.). -- 13 cartons (13 linear ft.)
- Creator: Boyer (Family: Edward Herbert Boyer). -- Boyer, Edward Herbert, 1910-2002. -- Boyer, Vesta Josephine Frost, 1910-2007
- Call Number: MSS 7427
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Collection contains four series: 1. Boyer family correspondence; Series 2: Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer diaries; Series 3: Boyer family papers; Series 4: Boyer family ephemera.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Edward Herbert and Vesta Frost Boyer family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7427; Edward Herbert and Vesta Frost Boyer family papers; 20th-21st Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7427, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Marlin Boyer in 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Marlin Boyer; 2009.
- Other Finding Aids
- A more detailed finding aid is available in the repository upon request.
- Subject Terms
- Boyer (Family: Edward Herbert Boyer); Families; Family life; Mormons--Utah--Springville; Springville (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Diaries; Letters; Newsletters; Notes; Photographs; Postcards
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Baliff, student manuscripts processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2010. Addition processed; Kelsey Samuelsen, student manuscripts processor, and John M. Murphy, curator; 2012.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007). Contains materials that illustrate the life of an LDS family in Springville, Utah, during 8 decades.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Boyer (Edward Herbert) and Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-12-03T08:59-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Edward Herbert Boyer (1910-2002) was a long-time resident of Springville, Utah, and operator of Boyer Coal and Feed.
Edward Herbert Boyer was born to John S. Boyer Jr. and Susanna B. Jarrett Boyer on February 21, 1910 in Springville, Utah. He served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the Netherlands. On November 15, 1933, he married Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer. They had 12 children. After his retirement, Edward and Vesta served two missions: one to North Carolina, and one to the Swiss Temple. Throughout his life, he operated Boyer Coal and Feed, was a member of the Kiwanis Club, and the Utah Farm Bureau. From 1948 to 1952, he served on the Springville City Council. He died October 28, 2002.
Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer (1910-2007), wife of Edward Herbert Boyer.
Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer was born to Peter Frost and Rebecca Jorgensen Frost on March 17, 1910, in Salt Lake City, Utah. She married Edward Herbert Boyer on November 15, 1933, in the Salt Lake Temple. They raised their family of twelve children in Springville, Utah. She worked in the Provo Temple, and served two missions with Edward: one to North Carolina and one to the Swiss Temple. Vesta was also a member of the Utah Farm Bureau and also served on the Utah Nutritional Council. She died August 11, 2007, in Spanish Fork, Utah.
The Boyer family was started by Edward Herbert Boyer and Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer. They were married in 1933. They had twelve children: RaeAnn Collier, Milan Frost, Marlin Edward, Jorgen Jarrett, LeGrande, Josephine Anthony, Leeta Gilbert, Kern Phillip/Peter Koyote, Valerie Gukeisen, Seth Peter, Wanda June, and Creed H. (deceased). Prominent family members were Edward Herbert Boyer and Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer. Edward Boyer was a small business owner in Springville, Utah and was heavily involved in the community. Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer was Edward's wife, and the mother of their children.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 7427
Boyer family correspondence
Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer diaries
Edward Herbert and Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer business and personal papers
Edward Herbert and Vesta Josephine Frost Boyer family photographs and clippings
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts