Larry Faria collection
Larry Faria collection
Consists of documents collected by Larry Faria pertaining to the Presbyterian mission effort in Utah Territory, information about George Sewell Boutwell, and information about Ann Eliza Young, Brigham Young's nineteenth wife. The collection, which mainly focuses on the Presbyterian mission effort, is made entirely of photocopies. These photocopies were copied from original letters, pictures, and telegrams. There is also a cover sheet included with the papers that describes the collection.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Faria, Larry
- Call Number: MSS 7473
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Location of Originals
- In possession of donor.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Larry Faria collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7473; Larry Faria collection; 19th Century Western & Mormon Americana; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7473, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Larry Faria in 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Larry Faria; 2009 (A2009.10.459)
- Related Material
- See also the Larry Faria legal documents (MSS 6788).
- Subject Terms
- Boutwell, George S. (George Sewall), 1818-1905; Young, Ann Eliza, b. 1844; Immigration and American Expansion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Presbyterian Church--Missions--Utah--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Photocopies; Photographs; Telegrams
- Processing Information
- Processed; Lissa Chandler; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western & Mormon Americana; Nineteenth century documents give insight into the Protestant effort and other historical figures and events.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Faria (Larry) collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Lissa Chandler
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-08T09:33-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Larry Faria is a businessman and historical documents collector in Missouri.
comments powered by Disqus