Evan E. Jensen papers
Evan E. Jensen papers
Dates: circa 1920-1980
Collection includes six boxes of mixed media containing artwork by Evan Jensen. The techniques included are cartooning, illustrating, anatomy, and figure drawing. Also included within the collection are thank-you letters from either students or clients, photographs of Evan Jensen with his students, a book which he had begun writing, and various papers and leaflets. The collection dates from circa 1920 to 1980.
- Extent: 3 cartons (3 linear ft.). -- 3 oversize boxes (3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jensen, Evan E. (Evan Elisher), 1910-1980
- Call Number: MSS 7477
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Evan E. Jensen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7477; Evan E. Jensen papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7477, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Audrey Jensen Turner in 1986.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Audrey Jensen Turner; 1986 (A1986-175; A2009.10.464)
- Subject Terms
- Jensen, Evan E. (Evan Elisher), 1910-1980--Archives; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Commercial art--Utah--History--Sources; Fine Arts
- Genre / Form
- Art; Letters; Manuscripts, American; Photographs
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kiren Dulai; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5. VII).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jensen (Evan E.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kiren Dulai, student processor, and John Murphy, curator.
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-08T09:33-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Biographical Info:
Evan Jensen (1910-1980) was an artist from Utah.
Evan Jensen was born in Tooele, Utah on December 29, 1910. He attended Lincoln High School in Orem Utah and later enrolled at the University of Utah to study art. He also attended the Phoenix Art Institute in New York as well as the Art Barn in Salt Lake City, Utah and the Art Center in Los Angeles, California. He was a very talented artist who worked using mixed media and techniques such as cartooning, illustrating, anatomy, and figure drawing. He created art work for several different establishments such as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Utah Technical College. Evan Jensen not only worked as an instructor of commercial art at the Salt Lake area vocational school, but also designed many of their flyers, leaflets, and seals. He married Audrey Elizabeth with whom he had four children. Evan Jensen died August 12, 1980.
comments powered by Disqus