Merrill Bradshaw papers
Merrill Bradshaw papers
Dates: approximately 1952-1989
Collection includes (spans the dates 1952-1996) hand-written manuscripts created by Merrill Bradshaw, original scores and parts, published and bound scores such as “Title of Liberty” and “The Restoration”; papers centered around his teaching years such as grade transcripts and class rolls; audio/video recordings that include reel-to-reel tapes, cassette tapes, CDs, video cassettes, and LPs, and correspondence.
- Extent: 10 carton (10 linear ft). -- 18 box (9 linear ft). -- 31 oversize box (46 linear ft)
- Creator: Bradshaw, Merrill
- Call Number: MSS 7486
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Music Special Collections; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- The papers are arranged in 3 series: Series 1. Merrill Bradshaw manuscripts and published scores; Series 2. Merrill Bradshaw professional papers; Series 3. Merrill Bradshaw audio recordings.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Merrill Bradshaw papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7486; Merrill Bradshaw papers; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts & LDS Music Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7486, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Merrill Bradshaw in 1989.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Merrill Bradshaw; 1989 (A1989-504).
- Subject Terms
- Bradshaw, Merrill--Archives; Brigham Young University. Dept. of Music--History--Sources; Composers--Utah--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Audiocassettes; Audiotapes; Compact discs; Letters; Long-playing records; Manuscripts; Music--Manuscripts; Sheet music; Videocassettes
- Processing Information
- Processed; Megan Furcini; April 2011 Processed; Brian Fletcher; 2011 Processed; Melissa James; March 2012
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bradshaw (Merrill) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Megan Furcini
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-04-18T16:07-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Merrill Bradshaw (1929-2000) was a professor of music in Utah. He served on the faculty of Brigham Young University for thirty-seven years.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 7486
Merrill Bradshaw manuscripts and published scores
Merrill Bradshaw professional papers
Merrill Bradshaw audio recordings
Help with this Collection
Curator - Music Special Collections