G. Stanley McAllister papers
G. Stanley McAllister papers
Collection contains the personal papers and the church papers of G. Stanley McAllister. These papers consist of letters, blueprints, clippings, programs, brochures, and other related ephemera. The papers document the time that Stanley served as the stake president of the New York Stake and helped with the organization of the Mormon Pavilion at the World Fair. The papers of Adelaide McAllister and Robert Vernon are also in this collection.
- Extent: 1 oversize folder (0.3 linear feet). -- 11 cartons (11 linear feet)
- Creator: McAllister, Adelaide Neilson. -- McAllister, G. Stanley. -- Vernon, Robert G.
- Call Number: MSS 7511
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the G. Stanley McAllister papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7511; G. Stanley McAllister papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7511, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Wesley Johnson in 2009.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Wesley Johnson; 2009.
- Other Finding Aids
- More detailed finding aid available in the repository upon request.
- Subject Terms
- New York World's Fair 1964-1965 Corporation; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2009.
- Appraisal Information
- This collection is important because it illustrates some of the processes that the stakes in New York had to go through to put the Mormon Pavilion at the World Fair together. Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- McAllister (G. Stanley) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-09-04T12:23-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
G. Stanley McAllister (1900-1970) was a Mormon business and ecclesiastical leader in New York.
G. Stanley McAllister was born February 10, 1900 to George Stanley McAllister and Helen Janette (Nettie) Maeser in Salt Lake City, Utah. On September 1, 1926, he married Donnette Kesler in Salt Lake City. When Donnette passed away in 1949, the couple was living in Manhattan, New York. G. Stanley McAllister worked as an executive of CBS, a Vice President and General Manager of Lord and Taylor Department Store in New York City, and later the Vice President of their parent company, Associated Dry Goods Corporation. He had also served in the United States Army. On October 10, 1951, he married Adelaide Neilson. Stanley also served as the President of the New York Stake for many years. During his time as stake president, he helped to organize the Mormon Pavilion Exhibit at the World Fair in New York. He died June 20, 1970 in Manhattan, New York.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
in MSS 7511
G. Stanley McAllister personal and ecclesiastical papers
Adelaide Neilson McAllister papers
Robert G. Vernon papers
Help with this Collection
Curator - 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts