Jessica Day George papers
Jessica Day George papers
Collection contains advanced reader copies of Jessica Day George's publications, editions of those works from Great Britain, France, and Italy, as well as manuscripts from four of her books. Other material in this collection includes printed copies of interviews, correspondence, publicity materials, and crayon drawings of a dress mentioned in Dragon Slippers. Dated 2006-2010.
- Extent: 3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: George, Jessica Day, 1976
- Call Number: MSS 7550
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Literary Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Materials are arranged into 6 series: 1. Jessica Day George advanced reader copies, 2007-2010. 2. Jessica Day George literary manuscripts, 2007-2010. 3. Jessica Day George correspondence, 2006-2009. 4. Jessica Day George publicity materials, 2007. 5. Jessica Day George interviews, approximately 2009. 6. Jessica Day George drawings, approximatley 2006.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jessica Day George papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators. Jessica Day George retains copyright for the Jessica Day George papers.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7550; Jessica Day George papers; Mormon Literature Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7550, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Materials were donated by creator, Jessica Day George, in 2010.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Jessica Day George; 2010.
- Subject Terms
- George, Jessica Day, 1976-; American literature--Mormon authors; Authors, American--21st century--Interviews; Authors, American--Utah--Correspondence; Fantasy fiction, American
- Genre / Form
- Books; Interviews; Manuscripts
- Processing Information
- Processed; Kristi Young; 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Literary manuscripts. Collection covers the work of an LDS author.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- George (Jessica Day) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Kristi Young
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-19T04:29-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Jessica Day George (1976- ) is an author living in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Born in 1976, Jessica Day George always wanted to be an author. She is a voracious reader, keeping a paperback in her purse at all times. Raised in Idaho, she went to Brigham Young University where she majored in Humanities/Comparative Literature. While a student, she worked at the Harold B. Lee Library.
George enjoyed her major because she was able to read constantly and felt that it would provide her with material for her writing career. She took four years of German, three years of Norwegian and even some Old Norse for the same reason.
She never considered the fact that she might not be a writer, and patiently held down a variety of jobs while writing and waiting for the acceptance letter that she knew would be coming.
Bloomsbury Publishing made an offer for Dragon Slippers shortly after she completed the first draft. Dragon Slippers was published in 2007, and she has been writing steadily for Bloomsbury since that time. George also finds other outlets for her writing and is found sharing her life on Twitter, Facebook, and as a blogger.
George lives in Salt Lake City with her husband and two children.
comments powered by Disqus
Search this Collection
Yellow highlight indicates current location in collection description
Series in MSS 7550
Jessica Day George advanced reader copies
Jessica Day George literary manuscripts
Jessica Day George correspondence
Jessica Day George publicity materials
Jessica Day George interviews
Dates: approximately 2009
Jessica Day George drawings
Dates: approximately 2006
Help with this Collection
Curator - Literary Manuscripts