Kent P. Jackson diaries
Kent P. Jackson diaries
Contains daily diaries of Jackson from 1981 to 2016. These diaries document his personal and professional life including trips to the Middle East, New England, church callings, family life and traditions, civic engagement, and day-to-day work log.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.). -- 2 cartons (2 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jackson, Kent P.
- Call Number: MSS 7577
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Privacy restricted until 2035; permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials arranged chronologically.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Kent P. Jackson diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7577; Kent P. Jackson diaries; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7577, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Kent P. Jackson in 2010. Donated by Kent P. Jackson in 2013. Donated by Kent P. Jackson in 2017.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Kent P. Jackson; 2010. Donated; Kent P. Jackson; 2013. Donated; Kent P. Jackson; 2017.
- Subject Terms
- Social Life and Customs; Home and Family; Orem (Utah); Egypt; Jerusalem; Jackson, Kent P.--Diaries; Brigham Young University; Church Educational System (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
- Genre / Form
- Brigham Young universe
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2010. Processed; Margaret Weddle, student manuscript processor, and John M Murphy, curator; 2013. Processed; Jeremy Meservy, student manuscript processor, and John M Murphy, curator; 2017.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th and 21st Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jackson (Kent P.) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, Peter Hoyt, student manuscript processor, and John Murphy, curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-02-09 14:46:10 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Kent P. Jackson (1949- ) is a professor of religion in Utah.
Kent P. Jackson was born August 9, 1949 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He married Nancy Porter. They had five children. He received his B.A. from Brigham Young University (BYU) in Ancient Studies, and his M.A. and Ph.D. in Near Eastern Studies from the University of Michigan. He taught at Brigham Young University since 1980. He served in many positions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is currently the Associate Dean of Religion at BYU.
comments powered by Disqus