Kent P. Jackson diaries
Kent P. Jackson diaries
Contains daily diaries of Kent P. Jackson from 1961 to 2016. Diaries document his personal and professional life beginning with early memories from living in Holland with his family, and journals and appointment books from his mission in Austria. Later diaries document trips to the Middle East, New England, church callings, family life and traditions, civic engagement, and day-to-day work log at Brigham Young University.
- Extent: 2 boxes (1 linear ft.). -- 2 cartons (2 linear ft.). -- 1 folder (0.15 linear ft.)
- Creator: Jackson, Kent P.
- Call Number: MSS 7577
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Privacy restricted until 2043; permission to use materials must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Kent P. Jackson diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Box 4 folders 3 and 4 contain original appointment books and photocopies of individual pages.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7577; Kent P. Jackson diaries; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7577, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Kent P. Jackson in 2010. Donated by Kent P. Jackson in 2013. Donated by Kent P. Jackson in 2017. Donated by Kent P. Jackson in 2018.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Kent P. Jackson; 2010. Donated; Kent P. Jackson; 2013. Donated; Kent P. Jackson; 2017. Donated; Kent P. Jackson; 2018.
- Subject Terms
- Social Life and Customs; Home and Family; Mormon missionaries--Austria; Middle East; Teaching--Utah; Jackson, Kent P.--Diaries; Brigham Young University; Church Educational System (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2010. Processed; Margaret Weddle, student manuscript processor, and John M Murphy, curator; 2013. Processed; Jeremy Meservy, student manuscript processor, and John M Murphy, curator; 2017. Processed; Shaelyn Stohl, student manuscript processor, and John M Murphy, curator; 2018.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th and 21st Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy II.B.5.VI, November 2013).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jackson (Kent P.) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, Peter Hoyt, student manuscript processor, Shaelyn Stohl, student manuscript processor, and John Murphy, curator.
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-10-09 11:20:27 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Kent P. Jackson (1949- ) is a professor of religion in Utah.
Kent P. Jackson was born August 9, 1949 in Salt Lake City, Utah. He served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Austrian mission from 1968-1970. He later married Nancy Porter and they had five children together. He received his B.A. from Brigham Young University (BYU) in Ancient Studies, and his M.A. and Ph.D. in Near Eastern Studies from the University of Michigan. He began teaching at Brigham Young University in 1980. Jackson is a professor of ancient scripture at BYU and the associate director of the BYU Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies. He is a former associate dean of Religious Education and former chair of Near Eastern Studies at BYU. He has served in many positions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
comments powered by Disqus