Daryl V. Hoole papers
Daryl V. Hoole papers
Contains books, magazine articles, recordings, the life history, and Dutch Mormon history materials of Daryl V. Hoole.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.). -- 1 carton (1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hoole, Daryl V. (Daryl Van Dam)
- Call Number: MSS 7583
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials in English and Dutch.
- Materials left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Daryl V. Hoole papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7583; Daryl V. Hoole papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7583, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Daryl V. Hoole in 2010.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Daryl V. Hoole; 2010.
- Subject Terms
- Hoole, Daryl V. (Daryl Van Dam)--Archives; Home and Family; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Articles; Autobiographies--Mormon authors; Books; Sound recordings; Video recordings
- Processing Information
- Processed by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, Curator, in 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- Illustrates the life of a Mormon woman, and contains her advice and tips to other Mormon women. LDS, Utah and Western American Women (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.V, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hoole (Daryl V.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, Curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2012-03-19T14:58-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Daryl V. Hoole (b. 1934) is an author and homemaker in Utah.
Daryl Van Dam Hoole was born March 5, 1934 in Salt Lake City, Utah, to Donovan Herbert and Ada Strong Van Dam. As an eighteen-year-old, she traveled with her family to the Netherlands with her family, while her father served as mission president of the Netherlands mission. On March 25, 1957, she married Hendricus J.M. (Hank) Hoole, Jr. in Salt Lake City. They had eight children. In 1991, they were called to preside over the Netherlands-Amsterdam mission. They later served as the Asia Area Welfare Humanitarian Administrators. She has written six books.
comments powered by Disqus