Frederick Crook journals
Frederick Crook journals
Contains six photocopied journals written by Frederick Crook. Five of the journals were written during the time that he served as an LDS missionary in the Northern States mission, and the sixth was written the year immediately following his return. The journals contain information about day to day life, both as a missionary and as a husband, father, and farmer.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
- Creator: Crook, Frederick, 1869-1952
- Call Number: MSS 7589
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials arranged chronologically.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Frederick Crook journals must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7589; Frederick Crook diaries; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7589, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 2010.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 2010.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Northern States Mission; Religion; Heber City (Utah)--History--20th century; Home and Family; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--United States; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts. Describes life as an LDS missionary, and then as a farmer in Heber, Utah.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Crook (Frederick) journals
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student manuscript processor, and John Murphy, Curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-05-25T04:11-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Frederick Crook was born August 17, 1869 in Heber, Utah, to John and Mary Crook. On February 22, 1893, he married Minnie Mabel Lindsay. He served as a Mormon missionary in the Northern United States in 1900. He died November 19, 1952 in Heber, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus