Vernon W. Larsen photographs
Vernon W. Larsen photographs
Dates: circa 1940s
Contains photographs taken by Vernon W. Larsen while he served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Hawaii from 1940 to 1941. The photographs are in a variety of sizes and are mostly of the people in the area, but some are of the other missionaries serving. Also included are photographs taken of the Brigham Young University campus in the early 1940s and pictures of Japan during the United States occupation after World War II.
- Extent: 3 folders (0.3 linear ft.)
- Creator: Larsen, Vernon W. (Vernon Wallace), 1920-2003
- Call Number: MSS 7591
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Materials were left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the Vernon W. Larsen photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS 7591; Vernon W. Larsen photographs; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS 7591, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Kristina Fife in 2008. Donated by Kristina Fife in 2011.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Kristina Fife; 2008. Donated; Kristina Fife; 2011.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Hawaii; Religion; Hawaii--Photographs; Japan--Photographs; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Hawaii--Photographs
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Processed; Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, curator; 2010 and 2011.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history. (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VII, August 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Larsen (Vernon W.) photographs
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elizabeth Ballif, student processor, and John Murphy, Curator
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2011-08-12T13:54-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Vernon W. Larsen (1920-2003) was a professor of sociology at Brigham Young University.
Vernon Wallace Larsen was born on April 13, 1920, to Vernon Roderick Larsen and Ivy Leona Conder in Monroe, Utah. From 1940 to 1941, he served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Hawaii. On July 28, 1943, he married Margaret Brandley in Cardston, Alberta, Canada. He later taught sociology at Brigham Young University. Vernon Wallace Larsen died on November 7, 2003, in Orem, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus